Amending General Alarm Settings
The basic alarm function of the DATAssure™ is controlled in the General Alarm Settings. When setting alarm profiles, it is essential that relevant items are also set to operate in the general settings. For instance, if an alarm profile has an output relay set but in general settings relays are off, then the relay will not act on the alarm.
General alarm settings window
Route to edit General Alarm Settings: SETTINGS=> ALARMS=> GENERAL SETTINGS=> Edit
Relays – The DATAssure™ has two inbuilt relays that may be set to action on alarm. The relays can drive 3rd party devices such as auto-diallers or beacons and/or connected to BMS/other devices that can read relay outputs.
One of four relays settings can be selected:
- Off – The relay doesn’t operate on an alarm being generated.
- Sounder – The relay will activate on alarm, following the system’s sounder action (the system sounder must be on for the relay to work). If the sounder is muted the relay will deactivate until triggered by the sounder again.
- Dial-Out – Configured to work with auto-dialler inputs.
- Beacon – Configured to give a permanent relay output until the alarm clears. If a beacon is to switch off when an alarm is acknowledged, then use the Sounder option to control the beacon.
Relay Operation on Battery – default = Off, if set to On the relays will operate should the base station lose power and be operating on its internal battery backup. This uses more battery power and may reduce the time of operation on battery backup.
Sounder – default = Off, if set to On then the base station’s internal sounder will be active on alarm, the sounder can be silenced for 10 minutes by pressing the base station screen, it can be permanently silenced for an alarm by acknowledging the alarm. See Acknowledging an Alarm.
Alarm Roaming at Home – not currently used.
Repeat Alarms & Repeat Period default = No & 60 minutes, the base station can be set to repeat an alarm email after a certain period (see Repeat Alarms Until below). The base station will then continue to repeat alarms at the defined period until the stop repeat conditions are met.
Repeat Alarms Until – default = Not Current, repeat alarms until has three settings that can be chosen from these are;
- Not Current – will repeat until the alarm is no longer in the current alarm log.
- Acknowledged – will repeat until the alarm has been acknowledged by an appropriate level user.
- Cleared – will repeat until the sensor readings are back within the defined set points.
Sensor No Communications – the defined period beyond which sensors will alarm on loss of communications with the base station.
Sensor Fault Time Out – the defined period beyond which the sensor will alarm if a sensor fault is detected.
Notify on Mains Fail (warning) – default = Disabled, an alarm profile needs to be created for this to be attached. If enabled the system has the capability of creating a warning alert should it lose mains power and go on to battery backup.
Notify Backup Fail (warning) – default = Disabled, an alarm profile needs to be created for this to be attached. If enabled the system has the capability of creating a warning alert should it detect that the auto data backup has failed?
Once the correct settings have been input these are set on the base station using the Submit button.