The single-lumen follicle aspiration needle (FAS) with flushing connector is used for transvaginal harvesting of ovarian tissue and of oocytes from the follicles, guided by ultrasound; it can also be used for puncturing ovarian cysts.
The FAS developed in cooperation of GYNEMED and the manufacturer Gynetics have prooved successful concerning quality and design.
The needles are manufactured on individual request concerning the type of the needle, size of the cork and the tubings.
|Product description||Needle gauge||Product code|
|Follicle Aspiration Needle - single-lumen with flushing-connector||17||FGYGY-721724LF|
|Follicle Aspiration Needle - single-lumen with flushing-connector||18||FGYGY-721824LF|
Product facts and notices
- With flushing, a better harvesting of oocytes is ensured especially with oligo-follicular ovaries. The single-lumen FAS with flushing connector developed in cooperation of GYNEMED and the manufacturer Gynetics satisfies these higher requirements
- The FAS has got a very sharp, lanceaolate sharpened needle-tip, facilitating a precise puncturing or cutting.
- The echoic needle-tip is produced with a new technique by use of a laser. The tip provides a steady and excellent visibility within the picture of the ultrasound.
- Different dimensions of the needle concerning length, outer and inner diameter allow it to individually adept them to diagnostical and therapeutical goals.
- Translucent tubings having the same inner diameter as the needle ensure a reliable and unobstructed flow of the oocytes.
- The position of the flushing connector in relation to the longitudinal direction shows the physician the position of the opening of the sharpened tip of the needle during puncturing.
- On request we enclose sterile ultrasound-covers for transducers. These FAS are labelled with an additional “-U” after the order number.
The medical product carries a CE certificate, is gamma irridated and tested for endotoxines. The device is intended for single use.
The follicle aspiration needles are manufactured at Gynétics, Belgium and are subject to a quality management system according to ISO 13485:2003 und ISO 9001-2008.